Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Pinterest Finds

Now I realize you could just find me on Pinterest, but I thought I might talk/write/communicate the recent things I have found. Some are work/school related and others are I-want-make-that.

Let's start with...

source
 I think this is such an easy way to end a lesson. I sometimes use the 3-2-1 strategy (write 3 things you learned, 2 questions, and 1 confusion), but it is nice to have a variety. Plus, with my job now, I have to constantly find and model different strategies for teachers. I think I can do this and make a set of laminated ones. That way I can put notes on them before the lesson and as students/teachers complete them they can post them or share with a friend. Then I would probably have them transfer the post-its to their journals.

Pinned Image

This one did not have a link. Sad, but still super cute. The teacher gave each student a post-it to draw their self-portrait on and then bordered the stationary paper with the notes before copying. FUN! You could update the drawings every few months, but how cute and easy is that. Great first day/week activity.

Pinned Image
source

My oldest will be turning 10 in a few months, and he wants a Percy Jackson party. I have found a few things online, but not alot. If you have any ideas, I am open. I am thinking about blue food, some matching of the god with powers and the painting of the "camp" beads. Other than that...

Pinned Image
source
Bacon Ranch Mac and Cheese. YUM! Bacon. Need I say more?

Pinned Image
source


I think these awesome, cute, green, Calvin Klein heels speak for themselves. And they are clearly saying, "Yes, Jaime. I would look great with your first day of school outfit." I am still looking at them, but buying them is becoming a more frequent thought.

Admittedly, I am on Pinterest alot, but I am kind of a grinch when it comes to pinning things. I have to REALLY like it. I don't know why.

What have you pinned lately?

1 comment: