Sunday, July 29, 2012

Obsessed...possibly

I might be obsessed.

I used the Renfrew top pattern last week to make two tops; One was a traditional top made of a stripped knit. The other was an upcycle from an old college tee.

Now. I have made TWO more. Both from old t-shirts. See:

Yes. I realize I need to iron my seams around the top of the shoulders. I hate ironing.
I used a shirt from church to see if I could keep the original neckline. And...I can! Yay! Made it so easy to put it together. Never mind the bulk around the tummy. I had tucked the extra length under because I was deciding whether I needed it shorter. Lesson: Do alterations before you decide to post to the world. (Also, I am too lazy...so the shortening will probably never happen.)

My husband asked, "Why did you cut off your head?" Answer: I didn't want to show my face. I mean do you smile, look at your feet, or point at an invisible something? Awkward...
This one I may or may not have stolen from my little brother. He left it at my mom's house. I found it. I asked my mom if I could have it before I took it. She said yes. So if he should blame anyone, he should blame himself for leaving it and my mom for not guarding his clothes more carefully.

I had to use another shirt for the red facing because I didn't have enough green, and I wanted the whole word to show. It would have been really sad to sport, "Nexico" or "Exico".

I will also admit to having a shirt from the thift store in the wash that will soon be my next victim. Plus, I have decided that from now on when ordering shirts from school, I will order two sizes up so I can redo them. After all...I want to be cute.

1 comment:

  1. I forgot my shirt today, but will bring next time? Like the red on the Mexico shirt. It gives it a punch of color and yes your brother has no one to blame, but himself. Also could you buy tshirts fripom micheals or hobby lobby too? They seemed to be like $4 or $5 dollars and with a coupon even cheaper??

    ReplyDelete