Thursday, July 26, 2012

Coolest Thing Ever...Until the Next Coolest Thing Ever

While waiting for the summer break to end, I still follow other teaching blogs, pin teaching items on Pinterest, and read professional development books. I know. I am a nerd. But that is okay. Know why? There are plenty of you. Just. Like. Me.

I found the coolest thing ever the other day. It is the Booksource Classroom Organizer. This FREE website lets you upload the titles of your classroom library, import your class list, and keep track of the books you check out to your students. I know, right!

I am not in the classroom currently, but I signed up for an account anyway. Then promptly started to load the books in my personal professional development library. Many times I will loan a book to a colleague, and then months later I have to send out the if-you-borrowed-this-book-email to the staff. Don't get me wrong. I have no problem letting someone else read my books, I just want to be able to find them. Plus, what a cool way to model this tool for my teachers.

Check it out. Coolest. Thing. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment